Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Home Again....


Well, vacation was lots of fun - we got to spend time in the sun with our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter! Here's a picture of Lilli at the aquarium in Tampa....

I was cheerfully surprised to find an IKEA about a mile from where we were staying, and took time to go check out their fabrics! I found some great end-of-bolt specials, and a wonderful piece of green print that will make a fabulous quilt back. I bought four yards of that, so there's lots of options, especially since I've found out the wonders of piecing the back! I can't wait to use some of these fabrics........ If you've never been to IKEA, be sure to visit one if you are in the area (Atlanta is the closest one to where I live). Great furniture, textiles, organizational stuff, and fantastic prices!!! Really one of the neatest stores I've ever been in...


I will admit, though, it's nice to be home. Yesterday afternoon, after picking the dogs up from the puppy spa, I decided I should finally do the taxes since I didn't have a project I was currently working on. Thankfully it went fast so this morning I was able to get back to sewing with a clear conscience!! It was really nice to sit at my sewing machine after a week's absence - it's one hobby that you just can't take on the airplane with you! I finished up a little boy's flannel quilt to go in our ministry stash today, and picked out some fabrics for another ministry quilt. This one is a little difficult for me to choose fabrics on, since it needs to be a little more "country" than I'm comfortable with - not my style. But my friend Cassie helped this morning and I think we've picked out a good combination. I can't wait to start cutting it out tomorrow!

Well, I think that's all for tonight - I want to do some more blog-hopping! I've found such wonderful inspirations out there in the blogosphere!! Later!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back and had a great time! I want to go to an IKEA soooo bad. Maybe you and I can take a drive up there sometime?!??! Just an idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!