Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home Safe and Sound!

Hi, all!

Well, we made it home safe and sound and fortunately had no damage in our little neck of the woods. Lots of our friends weren't so lucky, and it will be a long time before Nashville is back to normal, so keep us in your prayers!  Here's a pic of the road we used to get home - it didn't look like that when we went over it but apparently this happened sometime since then. 

On a happier note, it's good to be back to my sewing machine and projects! My friend Cassie and I got together today at her house to sew - her two littlest girls and my granddaughter always have a great time playing together. Here's a picture of all three of them.


My granddaughter always talks about playing with "CamiAbby" (both the girls' names) as if they were one person. So I guess the title of this picture would be "LilliCamiAbby"!

 Cassie and I were both working on quilts for the quilt ministry at church today - I wish I had a picture of hers, because it's really beautiful. Lots of stash fabrics combined to make a really striking quilt. I'll post pictures of it as soon as she finishes it. Here are pictures of the almost-completed quilt I'm working on.  Tomorrow I'll put on the binding and it will be finished.
 I just love the pastels in this quilt - not my usual color choice, but I was inspired by a pic I saw on someone's blog and it just nagged at me until I remembered a charm pack of Moda Kashmir II I had stashed away. It was just perfect for a disappearing nine-patch quilt!

Once I get this quilt done, I'm buckling down and working on the quilts for my daughter's silent auction. I can't wait to see how they turn out! Stay tuned for pictures........

Later!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a scene from one of those end-of-the-world movies! scary. Thankfully nobody was on the road when it caved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's incredible. Glad your place was okay!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!