Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's Cookin' at The Sweatshop, Week #6


Hi, all!


Well, it's time for another update from The Sweatshop!  I'm moving this feature to Wednesdays, because I always seem to be stretching to get it done on Tuesdays - I think this will work a little better!  It's been a busy week here, and I should have lots more to show next week, but here's what we've been working on recently....


This quilt went to a gentleman who's going through a lot of medical issues right now - it's another Great American Jelly Roll Race quilt - and isn't that backing gorgeous?  The top was pieced by Pam, a member of our quilt ministry.




This quilt is going to a woman who is undergoing surgery this week - I love the way the strips worked out on this quilt!  And take a look at the great vintage fabric (36" wide!) that makes up the back...


Simple wavy quilting over the seam lines of this quilt made it a simple finish - but very effective, I think!  The top was pieced by Cindy, a member of our quilt ministry.


This cute little flannel quilt is going to a newborn baby boy in our church.  I've named it Night and Day because of the two different prints - one of suns and clouds, the other of nighttime stars.  Sweet and simple!




This pretty quilt, pieced by Sharon Vrooman, is going to our Monday night prayer service for our pastor to hand out if he feels the need, along with this colorful quilt...




which was pieced by Sherrie, a member of our quilt ministry!  It's her first quilt, and I love the way it turned out.  We call it a Wonky Sudoku!!  


Those are the quilts we delivered this week - we're also working on seven more quilts at the moment!  Like I said, it's been a busy week!  So there should be lots more to see next week....


We've also received some great donations this week, but I didn't have a chance to take pictures of them yet.  I'll show you those next week!!


Hugs!


Sarah

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed looking at all your quilts. I really like the first one. That backing is really unique. So striking. If I were to choose one, it would certainly be that rich purple wonky quilt. Looks like it might fit a Dr. Seuss bed~! So cute. Glad to see all this work in the sweatshop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job, ya'll have been working like girls in a sweat shop. Love the quilts. I sure who will receive them it will just brighten thier day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all great but Wonky Sudoku is very cool! Nice work once again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts - all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great quilts! I especially love the way the Jelly Roll Race came out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilt factory goodness!!!

    I enjoyed the wavy lines in the quilt designed by Cindy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!