Monday, October 22, 2012

Make-A-List Monday - Time to Get Back To Work!

Hi, all!

Monday again - how do they come so fast?  We had a great time in the Smoky Mountains this past weekend - lots of fun time with our granddaughters, daughter, son-in-law, and niece!!  Good food...


....a little shopping... 

If I'd known the front looked that good, I probably
wouldn't have made that silly face at my hubby!!

....some swimming....


...and beautiful leaves to peep at!!  But now it's time to get back to work - because Christmas is how many weeks away?  Nine!!!!!!!

But first, let's see how I did on last week's list...



1.  Quilt the last baby quilt on hand.
Done!  
2.  Bind both baby quilts.
Done!  One of these already has a home...




3.  Finish the quilting on a friend's quilt.  Quick job, only about 12 inches left to quilt after reloading it on the machine.
Done!   But I don't have a picture yet...

4.  Clean up the house so the house sitter doesn't 
run away in terror!
Done!  I think she had a good time - 
she loves our movie collection!!

5.  Finish sorting through the few boxes left from the great junk room clean-up.
Started but not finished - I'm hoping to get through 
the rest of them this week.

6.  Keep working on Emmy's Christmas stocking.
Done!  Look at how it's progressed....

At the last update...

And today!




Now let's see what I need to work on this week...

1.  Quilt a woman's quilt for the quilt ministry.

2.  Put labels on some anonymously donated quilts.

3.  Bind my friend Christy's quilt.

4.   Quilt and bind a commission quilt.

5.  Finish cleaning up the boxes from the great junkroom clean-up.

6.  Quilt a second woman's quilt for the ministry.

That's a good start - there's probably more I could add to the list, but I'll start with this.

So now the question is - - - what are you working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. So happy you had a great trip and time with family. This week is a clean-up of various small projects - and my new dryer is finally being delivered today - waiting 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stocking is coming along beautifully. I love seeing the before and after shots. I really need to get a move on, on my cross-stitch projects. You're blowing me out of the water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wish I had your energy. I love those quilts, what size are the squares, 10 1/2 in?
    gasuski@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip! Great list of both completed and to-do. This week I am repairing flags for this weekend and starting a new quilty project...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sarah - I love Emmy's stocking! You are really making an heirloom treasure for her to last her lifetime :*) And what cute baby quilts! They are going to provide huge hugs & comfort to some sweet little children!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling quilts - somebody's goning to be so happy to get those!
    Getting ready for Holiday Open House - in mid November - a real chore as I get older!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! Emmy's stocking is turning out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is exactly 8 weeks to .Christmas. Today is hubby's birthday and Christmas is always 8 weeks to the day. Hard to believe isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stocking is adorable. Your to do lists amaze me. We stopped in Gatlinberg in Sept on our way home from Charleston SC. It was our first time there. Quite the downtown! We did the craft loop but didn't go down town. Maybe next time we'll catch the downtown. The downtown was a bit overwhelming :) Keep stitching! janita

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!