Friday, February 8, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? A Little Fun Sewing...


Hi, all!

It's Friday again - are you ready to get your whoop whoop on?  It's been a busy week, and a lot of fun - both on the sewing front and the granddaughter front!  So here's what I've got to share...

First of all, Shannon hosted a SuperSewing Twitter party Sunday night during the Super Bowl - and I worked on some small projects while watching the game.  This pillow is one of the projects I started Sunday and finished on Monday...


Isn't it pretty?  


I like the quilting too - curvy organic lines that echo the curves in the piecing.  The background fabric is a gorgeous piece of rough-textured Irish linen that was in my grandmother's stash.

And I also finished the second commissioned baby quilt...


Don't you just love my little model?


She wasn't smiling much, but at least she sat there!


I love this pic that shows the texture of the quilting..


Of course, it was much more fun when big sister Lilli joined in the party too!!

So that's what I'm whooping about this week!!

&^&^&^&^&^&^&

And now it's your turn!

What are you dancing a happy dance about today?

What made the sun shine a little brighter
in your neck of the woods?

Share with us!  We want to dance along with you!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

So be there or be square!!

Hugs!

Sarah

21 comments:

  1. Great pillow and quilt! I love that you didn't quilt over the letters so they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pillow and how the quilting lines extend the patchwork seams. Very cool. Cute kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a dreary,cold day here so I am trying to burst out of pity party about that;) Need to do a workout and then some flash cards with the boy:) {Man do I sound uplifting or what?!} Maybe I need to baste a quilt and I will feel better!

    Your girls are such sweeties:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is fantastic. I love it! I really like the first picture where the little one is leaned over and very interested in something.

    -Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pillow. Recently we received from MIL a pale yellow linen tablecloth and I'm thinking of repurposing it into placemats. Your pillow gives me some ideas!

    And of course your adorable commissioned quilt and your cute models. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah I love your pillow. I have made that baby quilt too, so cute. In fact seeing yours reminded me I need to make one for a baby due in May. (not so long away on my schedule)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pillow and that baby quilt is marvelous just like the models.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that bright pillow. Isn't it great when you can use some of the stash that has special meaning? The baby quilt is adorable! As are your models, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute ... cute ... cute ... and the quilt and the pillow are adorable, too. I am linking up for the first time. Thanks for hosting this quilty fun ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pillow and I really, REALLY love the quilt! How did you attach the edges of the letters? My sister is expecting a baby, that would make such a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. darling quilt, especially the border. how big did you make this? is it bigger than a yard?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Grandma pictures Sarah! Love the quilt too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling Baby Quilt... I could make one for my teenage boys by just adding "Video Games" after the "Play" line!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you little models!!!

    I tried to post a link, if it shows up 2 times please delete one.

    thanks, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. the quilt - ain't that the truth :-) Wonderful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello

    Thank you for sharing your latest quilt. On Thursday I bought fabric to make this quilt. I hope it turns out as well as yours.

    Thank you for hosting your linky party

    Linda
    Taupo New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello

    Thank you for sharing your latest quilt. On Thursday I bought fabric to make this quilt. I hope it turns out as well as yours.

    Thank you for hosting your linky party

    Linda
    Taupo New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both the pillow and the quilt look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are the two most beautiful children ever!! Oh ya, and the quilt and pillow are lovely too. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the pillow and THE GIRLS ARE GORGEOUS !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!