Friday, June 28, 2013

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? All Ready For Quilting...


Hi, all!

Friday's here again - and you know what that means!  It's time to get your whoop whoop on!!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This week, I'm whooping about the progress that has been made on the Helping Hands quilt!

Just so you can appreciate the whole process, here's what I started with early Sunday afternoon...


...which by Sunday night had progressed to this...


All spread out on my den floor.  Thankfully, I didn't have husband or granddaughters in the house until Wednesday morning, so I was able to spread this out in the only space large enough for it!

Monday morning I started sewing the pieces together...


A small start at first...


...then most of one side.  By the end of Monday, here's what I had pieced together..


...and here's what was left on my "design floor"!


Up bright and early on Tuesday morning, and back to work!  


By noon, this is what I had done - a large part of the body of the quilt.  Large enough for a top but I still had hand blocks left to add...


And by 5:30 on Tuesday, this is what I had - a finished flimsy!  It's so large I had a hard time taking a picture of it - but fortunately it's still small enough to fit on my quilt frame.  My goal for this weekend is to get it quilted.  I'm pouring through my quilting pattern books to get ideas for all the different spaces I need to fill.  I'm planning to leave the hands unquilted, and use background filler patterns to make them stand out.

Can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What are you dancing a happy dance about?

Do share - we want to dance along with you!

(And remember - it doesn't have to be a finish!)

The party will remain open until Sunday midnight.

Be there or be square!

Hugs!

Sarah




33 comments:

  1. I really love how you used the aqua as a background and filler to bring all of the different sized blocks together! It looks really fantastic! Thanks for hosting such a great link party. Whoop!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is just wonderful - and how lovely you had all the time alone to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue background was inspired. I was wondering how you were going to put it together when I looked at it earlier in the week! Well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely do deserve a Whoop Whoop, it is a marvellous quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic! I have done a few quilts like this and they are a puzzle for sure. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work, Sarah! I'm so proud of you for pulling this monstrous creative endeavor together. Wow! Wow! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have been BUSY! Very deserving of a whoop, whoop! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is spectacular! Good job! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did it! Lots of hard work paid off.

    Hope you decided on some quilt design (s).

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt top is great! I think your idea of not quilting the hands is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, Sarah. I was like a little kid looking for mine. It is going to be beautiful. If you need help thinking of fillers and sashing let me know, I have a ton of books you can look through.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah, your quilt top looks amazing! Great job on getting all those different size blocks arranged in such a lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can definitely have a Whoop Whoop! Your quilt is looking AMAZING!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I am in awe at what you accomplished in such a short time, and how wonderful it looks! Have LOTS of fun quilting this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hands quilt is fabulous! You did a great job putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the look of the hands quilt, Sarah. You did a great job fitting in the big and little ones.
    Not joining the linky this week. I really didn't do anything notable.
    Guess I'm square! I did enjoy looking at all the other offerings.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your helping hands quilt looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! That can't be easy o make all of those different sized blocks fit together!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Nice job! That must have been one fun (and big) puzzle to put together! Can't wait to see the quilting--close-ups, please!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The hands quilt is beautiful....what a special piece! Have fun with the quilting, can't wait to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, it looks beautiful :) I cant wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! You get a big whoop whoop! What a beautiful and sweet quilt! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can you see me? I just gave you a standing ovation! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an absolutely gorgeous top that has grown into! I cannot wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the way the helping hand quilt came together. It looks great already but I'm sure it will be amazing when its quilted. I think you're right on the money with leaving the hands unquilted. They should really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A big whoop whoop for your helping hands quilt. All those different pieces work together so well in your quilt - and in your quilt ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a BIG HUGE Whoop Whoop this week. OMG, thanks for sharing a peak back at the progress it was fun to see and the finished quilt is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. running across your blog and this wonderfull post is such not a good thing for me! the inspirations and ideas here are overflowing beautiful wow!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nothing short of amazing! Wow...you need to party louder and longer for this lovely! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a wonderful quilt top!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!