Monday, December 23, 2013

Make-A-List Monday - Whatever Shall I Do??

Hi, all!

Two days until Christmas - and can you believe it? I think I've got all the Christmas projects done!!!  I see a world of possibilities in front of me - whatever shall I start on next?  Oh well, first of all, let's see how I did on last week's list…

1.  Keep working on the charm square project.
Done!  Still can't show pictures, but if you'll check back on Friday, I should have some then.

2.  Finish the non-quilting project in time for Christmas.
Done!  Can't show this one yet, or another that I also did, but trust me, it's done!

3.  Quilt at least one quilt per day to get ahead of ministry needs.
I've managed to quilt three - but today I'm planning to hit the frame and get several done.

4.  Wrap Christmas presents!
Mostly done - all I have left are the girls' quilts and my husband's gifts.  I should have this done today!

5.  Finish the rest of the Christmas shopping.
Done!  Hopefully I won't have to go to any stores again until after Christmas!

6.  Help a new young quilter discover the joys of long-arming as she finishes up a Christmas gift!
Done!  We had a great afternoon and she finished up a very special gift!!

7.  Come up with a pattern for a soft (quilted) guitar case for Lilli! (She got a 3/4 size guitar for her 6th birthday today…)
Done!  And wouldn't you know, I wrapped it this afternoon before I took a picture of it!

8.  Keep up with any ministry needs that arise.
Fortunately, it's been a quiet week on the ministry front!  No new needs arose so I was able to get all that other stuff done!

And just because it stinks not to have any pictures to show off, let me show you who I spent my week with…



Lilli had her sixth birthday last Monday - this is Lilli and her dad at school on Monday…



Bill and Emmy spent some quality time watching The Disney Channel together…



Lilli spent Friday with Bill making cookies.  Doesn't she look cute in my new Kate Spain apron?



And here's a big wave from Emmy!

 So now to figure out what I'll be working on this week…

1.  Quilt more quilts ahead for the ministry and deliver them to church Monday night.

2.  Finish wrapping the Christmas presents.

3.  Take pictures of the charm square project on Christmas Day.

4.  Write a special Christmas blog post.

5.  Pick out a vacation quilt project to take to the beach!
(Yep, that's right, we're going to the beach for our 35th wedding anniversary this week!  Woohoo!!)

I think that's all I've got on my plate this week - pretty light, but we'll be leaving on the 26th for some sun and sand so I don't have time to do too much between now and then!

And now the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs and Merry Christmas wishes!

Sarah





10 comments:

  1. I'm wokoring on my 2014 quilt project goals. I'm also putting a quilt on the frame...and ignoring housework and heading into the studio to see what I want to accomplish during my winter break. Merry, Merry Christmas Sarah...and enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been tidying up my sewing room, packing boxes for the ministry. Realizing my mom is coming in six weeks to visit. I'm working on a secret blog project, trying to get the biz site back in order, you know the drill. But, I've been sewing my holiday scrappy quilt and I'm happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and Merry Christmas! May you have a very blessed and relaxing holidays. Your granddaughters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Sarah - and - Happy Anniversary! Sun and sand...such magical sounding words. Way better than snow and subzero. Take lots of pics so we can enjoy it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do so well with your lists. Well Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary, Sarah. Hope you fun in the sun!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those girls are growing way too fast! Have fun at the beach(so jealous)!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Anniversary! We'll be celebrating our 35th in February. I'm getting a box together to mail to you hopefully on Thursday or Friday. Enjoy the sand and sun, it has to be better than the single digit weather we've been having!

    ReplyDelete
  9. #5 piques my interest! I'm a quilter and a Nana ... who happens to LOVE the beach! Hope you'll bring back pictures to share with the rest of us ... I want to enjoy the beach vicariously since I may not get to my favorite beach until April or May. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!