Monday, April 25, 2016

Make-A-List Monday - Starting Out Fresh!


Hi, all!

Welcome to Monday - it always seems like a fresh beginning, doesn't it?  All new possibilities, new goals - or sometimes regrouping on the previous week's goals, LOL!  Do you set goals for yourself?  Do you make them daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annually?  I've found that weekly works best for me - short term goals with an end in sight.  Although I'm trying out the monthly thing with the Wednesday scrap challenge.  It will be interesting to see how that works out!

Anyway, let's take a look and see how I did on last week's list...


1.  Make three more tops for the big project.
Done!   I've got the last five tops all made and ready to be quilted. And the most wonderful part?  They all came from stash! 


2.  Put together some orange peel blocks.
Done!  In fact, all 36 are done, and I stitched around the orange peels today.  I should have a finished top tomorrow!


3.  Finish pressing and folding the blue scrap tub.
Done!  I'm glad to have this one all pressed and folded, ready to be cut up!


4.  Mail some scrap bundles, prizes and quilts.
Done!  I love sending off happy mail to folks!

5.  Write a book review to be posted Tuesday.
Done!  If you missed it, you might want to check it out - Christa Watson and Angela Walters have written a fabulous book that covers both sit down and long arm quilting techniques - something for everyone!


6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We only gave away one quilt this week - to a gentleman in our church who is going through chemo right now.  
I think he liked it!


7.  Go to the AQS Show in Paducah and have fun!!!
Done!  We had a ball, and I'll share more about that in another post - pretty quilt pics and all the great loot I picked up!  

OK, last week's list went pretty well, even though it was a short and busy week for me!  Let's see what's on tap for this week...

1.  Make backs for the five quilt tops for the big project.

2.  Quilt at least three of those quilts.

3.  Finish the orange peel quilt top in time for the "I May Have A Scrap Problem" month-end post.

4.  Write a post about Paducah!

5.  Start cleaning up the house - it's even beginning to bother me! (and that's saying a lot....)

6.  Do a little yard work... a very little...

7.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

Well, that's definitely enough to keep me busy!  I'd really like to finish all five of those quilts this week, but I'm trying to be realistic in my goals.  That way if I get to them all, I'm ahead of the game!!  I have until Thursday the 4th to finish them - May the Fourth, in fact - so I guess I need someone to say "May the Fourth be with you"!!  LOL!

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah, your Monday post always inspires me! I keep my own list now and it definitely helps to keep me on track and to tick things off with a smile. Love those orange peels, are they machine appliqued?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how much you get done! Impressive!
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big list Sarah! I honestly don't know where you find the time. I'm working on my Sticks and Stones quilt, only the binding of finish, make the back for City Lights, and, as I an at my quilt group on Saturday and I really don't want to carry my sewing machine, Start a new quilt with appliqué.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list always encourage me to be more intentional in planning my week. I gathered all my scraps into one shoe box, what an eclectic mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I got my two quilts finished last week and today I'm quilting a QOV for our guild.
    I'm so glad your trip to Paducah was fun. Your orange peels are looking good. And the gentleman recipient of the quilt sure looks happy! That must add to your satisfaction and blessing of giving it to him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you got a lot done! Very inspiring! I really love your orange peel blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the orange peel. I hope to one day have the sewing ability. To make one

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!