Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I May Have A Scrap Problem... QuiltCon2017 Inspiration!

Hi, all!

Since I didn't really have a chance to play with scraps last week, I thought I'd share some more inspiration from QuiltCon2017 - and there were some fabulous ideas that would be perfect for scrap quilt there!  So without further ado, take a look!


Honestly, I think this quilt was my absolute favorite!  I love the mini churn-dash blocks that make up both the background and design - and imagine how many scraps it would eat up!!!


And wouldn't this be a fabulous way to use up some of those beautiful little bits you can't bear to part with?  The quilting is pretty spectacular on this one, too.


As you may remember from last year, I had a mini-love affair with orange peels.  Isn't this one stunning?  


I love this quilt as a great way to use up solid scraps.  And while that quilting would take F.O.R.E.V.E.R., I think it would be worth it!


And I know I showed this quilt on Monday, but I think it bears repeating - this would be a great scrappy quilt!

The next five quilts were shown at a demonstration for a scrappy quilting book, which I'll probably review next week (as soon as I have a chance to look at it!)  In the meantime, here's some great eye candy to spark your imagination...






Are you inspired yet???  I know I am - and I'm off to do some sewing!!

Hugs!

Sarah

14 comments:

  1. Awesome Churn Dash quilt. Wow! Am I inspired right now? You bet!! Thanks for sharing these fabulous quilts. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always inspiring to see what people are working on. Thanks for the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The arrows, then owls holding hands!! What inspiration for us all, and even if we don't quilt to that level, looking is a great way to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much scrappy goodness. Thanks for sharing your Quilt Con adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! That churn dash one wasn't so impressive on my mobile device, on here I see a bazillion churn dash blocks! And that 3rd from the last with the colorful rings? I'm gonna need to know more about that. Looking forward to that review already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! You got shots of quilts that I didn't even SEE at QuiltCon!! Definitely some inspiring shots. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love scrappy quilts I have so many scraps must get going on them very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love scrap quilts. thanks for showing some extra scrappy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That certainly is a lot of inspiration! Gotta love scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing some of the pics from Quiltcon. That churn dash was stunning. Was the background pieced or just a print fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is exactly what happened last night! I grabbed the scrap basket and created a neat geometric Coke inspired block! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of Quilt Con!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!