Friday, March 9, 2018

Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? California Dreamin'...

Hi, all!

Here we are at the end of the week - it's finally Friday again - and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  The best time of the week, a chance to show off what we've been working on.  Remember, it doesn't have to be a finish, just something that's made  you do a little happy dance!  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This week I've been working on a quilt for a special occasion, and in addition, it happens to be clearing out something that's been sitting in my stash for many years!  When I made the quilt that's up in my blog header, I also cut a kit to make another one.  I put it away in a drawer and completely forgot about it!  But I ran across it when I was looking for something else and realized it would be perfect for this project!


I had a hard time getting a flat shot of this quilt top - it was very windy today!  


See what I mean?  The wind wasn't cooperating with me at all!  


But then I jumped in behind the quilt and got a pretty stained glass shot....


Those seem to work pretty well, and don't the colors look nice glowing in the sunlight!



And just for good measure, here's another shot of the front, a little closer so you can see the pretty fabrics.  This pattern is by Lisa of Shiner's View, and you can find the tutorial here.

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

Oh and one more thing - be sure to stop back by here on Sunday for the start of the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge!  I hope you're as excited about it as I am!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight - 

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah



14 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt! And it's always a good feeling to finish a project that's been resting for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful-the colors are so pretty set off with the light blue! Nice job to resurrect for completion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful top! And yes, the sun coming through it really makes it shine, but it's so beautiful either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous top!!!! I have always admired the one on your header, now I am off to look at that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww...that is so California! A fantastic finish. Whoop Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,
    What a great finish! What a great idea to have cut the fabrics needed for the project and then stash it away. I can understand not wanting to make it right after the first one. Thanks for sharing the tutorial - I'll have to check that out. Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun or in the sidebar of our website - check out what our friends are up to.  Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your likes/loves there!  We love to see them.  ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! The colors look so pretty in the sunlight! I agree with you - a stained glass look with our quilt tops is so beautiful! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great even in the wind. I'll take your wind -- we're having a snowstorm. With another one coming in a few days. Was hoping winter was over. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great pattern for scrap busting. This is lovely, even in the wind. We seem to have one snow storm after the other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt. Those flamingos gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt. I always love seeing your quilts photographed outside. They always look nice, even with the wind blowing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!